My adventures serving in the Peace Corps

Friday, August 8, 2008

I Don't Have Malaria!

Thank goodness. I came to the med unit in Cotonou yesterday because I had had a fever for 6 days, which sometimes means malaria as opposed to a virus. Turns out it is just a virus, and I am heading back to Porto Novo in a few hours. I DID get to sleep in an air conditioned room, use lots of internet, and eat real Quaker oatmeal while here though, yay! A few of my friends are here sick too- one has amoebas living in his digestive system, sick! Unfortunately because I have been here I have missed 2 of the lessons I was supposed to teach, but oh well. More to come later!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Well! Thank God it's not Malaria!!! I have to say when I read the "fever lately" part I was a little concerned. Good for you to get to the doc (and take advantage of all the amenities it has to offer LOL) Bet your parents were thrilled beyond belief when they read that headline!

I can see the frustration in teaching without the help of "base" language. Talk about emersion! They're young, you're creative, I think it'll eventually work itself out and you'll do great :-)

Look forward to your next post!