My adventures serving in the Peace Corps

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Three weeks.

I fly outta here three weeks from today. And it couldn't come soon enough: as if enough crappy things hadn't been happening to me, I found out that one of the kittens I just gave away (to my vet) was eaten by his dog. He told me this in the market like it was nothing, including the gruesome detail that the dog was playing with it like it was a mouse and bit its head off. Then he had the audacity to ask me if he could have another kitten and if we could hang out before I leave. I know it's not really his fault, but still. I cried myself to sleep that night, and had to get out of Lobogo for a few days, hence my Internet access. It was nice, I hung out with two of my fellow PCVs, including one who had just lost her dog so she understood.
Anyway, I'll head back to post today and leave it for good exactly two weeks from today. MAN that's gonna be tough. I'm really not looking forward to it. I've been crying a lot lately, kinda on an emotional rollercoaster.
All that being said, I can't WAIT for America! I'll be down in Cotonou for the week before I leave; time for one last blog.

2 comments:

loehrke said...

You've done an amazing job and we are so very, very proud of you, but:
it is time to come home.
Stay healthy, Mark Loehrke (Carly's dad)

Catherine said...

Enjoy your last 2 weeks, angelina!! make sure you get everyone's phone numbers. I'll bet talking to Fifa in a few months will make you happier than you can imagine!! hopefully talk to you friday or saturday